02 March 2009

Sights and Sounds of a populous nation

Today is 2 March 2009, this means ACE 2009 has already ended.
-Different story-
To many people, when they wake up in a nice sunny morning, things that come to them will be that the air is fresh in the morning and the morning sunlight makes them feel warm and pleasant. This creates an ideal ambient for morning exercises.

However, experiencing an ideal morning will not, in fact never it will, occur to many people in places like Singapore (overpopulation plays an important role). What I will experience when I go for a morning exercise will be that I see people before sunlight and I inhale nicotine (Nicotiana tabacum, C10H14N2) before the enjoyment of fresh air in the morning.
I'ts not that I inhale nicotine because I smoke (in fact I don't), I HAVE to inhale it because too many Singaporeans smoke. Namely MALAYS!

Discussing about smoking, I have been inhaling all these nicotine nonsense for all three days I visited ACE 2009 (OH YES! I/we love guns). I am quite sure that my lungs and brain have incurred damages and my life have been shortened. Nicotine acts as a stimulant for mammals which causes so many people to lose ability to discontinue smoking. The worst comes when I have to breathe the smoke from not just 1 person, but thousands.

As nicotine enters a smoker's body, nicotine is distributed all over the body through the bloodstream and the nicotine, transported by the blood, is able to travel to the brain. The amount of time needed for nicotine to reach the brain takes about seven seconds as stated by Wikipedia. Nicotine increases the activity of certain specified receptors in the smoker's brain. This makes the smoker feels relaxed and euphoric (stimulated happy-mood) and usually causes addiction in smoking. Nicotine also causes the release of
epinephrine to the bloodstream which will cause increased heart rate, blood pressure, respiration and blood glucose levels.

When a smoker is stimulated by nicotine, it's effects, other than feeling great, reduces appetite and increases metabolism and makes the smoker less dependent on food and thus results in the loss of weight. Hua Swee may lose weight if he smokes, but please don't if you still want to be like Rocky ("Gonna Fly Now" was being listened when typing this part). Nicotine will also appear to enhance the smoker's alertness and memory due to acethycholine and norepinephrine. This means that smoking can relief pain like how morphine do, but not as effective as morphine I suppose. Ciggarettes are more addictive than cocaine and heroine due to a compound called Dopamine.

Therefore, daily use of ciggarettes makes SINGAPOREANS fit and strong daily and bright, smart and alert in their studies.

And how fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Britney after all she's been though.

0 comments: